What To Look For When You Look For An Out-Patient Program
(1) The executive and clinical director should have been there for more than a year.
(2) The have random, monitored urine screens for all clients.
(3) The offer both individual and group therapy.
(4) They support medication assisted therapy and psycho-tropic medications without pushing them.
(5) They urge clients to attend 12-step meetings and/or Smart Recovery.
(6) They have a family group at least once a week.
(7) A majority of their clinicians have masters level licenses.
(8) The clinicians who work there get weekly individual and group supervision.
(9) They engage in regular program evaluation and don’t claim lofty success statistics based on completing treatment.