Social Welfare Policy and Services I
Senator Joe Vitale
- Fall 2014 Omnibus Heroin Bills
- 2016 Needle Exchange
- 2017 Screening for all NJ HS students
- Senator Vitale on DACA (go to 5:20 mark of video)
- Analyze President Reagan’s core beliefs about taxation, limited government, anti-communism, and supply-side economics.
- Discuss how President Reagan markedly devolved federal power to the states by folding 57 social programs into seven block grants.
- Discuss how the upward redistribution of resources and rights took place during the presidencies of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.
- Discuss how President Bill Clinton co-opted Republican positions on taxes, crime, social programs, gun control, and gay rights in order to win re-election in 1996.
Week 8: Prepare for Exam/Review All Assigned Readings
Week 9: Exam
Week 10: Spring Break